At IASO Thessalias we have developed the Department of Pulmonology as part of the Pathology Sector.
• Respiratory function testing laboratory, whose equipment allows for the investigation and clinical assessment of:
- Obstructive syndromes
- Respiratory distress syndromes.
In order to investigate the above syndromes it is possible to measure dynamic (FEV1, FVC, FEF 25%-75%) and static (TLC, RV, FRC) volumes. • Sleep apnea laboratory for the investigation of hypopnea syndromes. It aims at accurately diagnosing and promptly dealing with sleep disorders (primary snoring, Sleep apnea syndrome, sleep disorders). The department is equipped with a state of the art multi-somnograph and can explore various sleep disorders via a multi-somnographic sleep study. The patient is connected to a recording device via electrodes which monitor respiration, cardiac function, air flow from the nose and mouth and any other function that may be affected during sleep.
• Bronchoscopy laboratory providing the possibility to perform bronchoscopies and carry out:
- endobronchial biopsies.
- endobronchial lung biopsies.
- bronchial washing cultures.
- bronchial brushing
- bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL).
• Regular Pulmonology outpatients’ clinic, allowing for:
• The clinical monitoring of patients with chronic respiratory diseases.
• Smoking cessation Clinic (opening soon).