The fully-equipped Pathology laboratory at IASO Thessalias thanks to its most modern and state-of-the-art mechanical equipment and highly specialized medical personnel ensures the fastest and most accurate diagnosis.
The Laboratory's main activity focuses on the diagnostic approach of biological materials, which relate to:
- Surgical preparations (e.g. hysterectomy, mastectomy, nephrectomy, prostatectomy, colectomy, etc.).
- Septic tissue biopsies (e.g.brushing, cervical excision, etc.).
- Outpatient clinic biopsies (e.g. large/small intestine, stomach, lung, etc.).
- Liver, kidney, pancreas, bone marrow biopsies, etc.).
Fast track biopsies
- Hormonal receptors
- Melanoma investigation
- Investigation of primary malignancy lesions
- Mesenchymal tumour investigation
- Molecular investigation
- Her2new, etc.
- HPV (high risk – low risk)
Archive of paraffin blocks and A_H slides for retrospective case analysis
Interesting cases presentation
Participation in Pan-Hellenic, European and International Conferences and one-day scientific meetings.