The Clinic is staffed by renowned scientists and equipped with the latest hemodialysis systems, hemodiafiltration and online hemodiafiltration in order to apply these groundbreaking methods to patients. There is an on-call nephrologist and nursing personnel with long-term experience in dialysis on every shift.In case of an acute incident during the dialysis session, the patient can be immediately hospitalized in the Clinic. At the same time, a team consisting of specialized physicians is on-call for emergencies 24-hours a day.
The Unit offers:
- Cardiac Monitoring
- Vascular surgery coverage for the creation and correction of vascular access
- It is possible to perform all necessary imaging tests and monthly scheduled clinical-laboratory screening.
- Separate dialysis room for Hepatitis B carriers.
- Modern building infrastructure with separate entrance and parking for the Artificial Kidney Unit.
- Comfortable and pleasant stay during dialysis: individual television set, free internet access, beverages and a light meal.
Specifically, the Artificial Kidney Unit at IASO Thessalias can prepare patients for transplantation (pre-transplant donor-acceptor evaluation) and refer candidate acceptors for inclusion on the list of transplants from deceased donors at a transplant centre of their choice.
Percutaneous biopsy performed on the kidney under ultrasound guidance. Clinic of glomerular and immune system special diseases (e.g. systemic lupus erythematosus, vasculitis). The Artificial Kidney Unit also allows for plasmapheresis, LDL-apheresis and MARS - artificial liver in neurological, ophthalmological, hereditary, immune system and other rare diseases. Opening of fistula, placement of graft or permanent subclavicular or jugular catheter for dialysis purposes.