Promoting medicine is a priority for the IASO group and knows no borders. That is why the IASO Group has entered into collaboration with internationally prominent scientists such as the renowned heart surgeon Sir Magdi Yakoub, one of the Group’s associates. In 2011, the various Clinics and Departments of the IASO Group participated in research protocols and scientific programs of various specialties, following approval of the Boards of Directors of IASO, IASO Children’s Hospital and IASO General, as stipulated by the competent international and European bodies. Specifically, in 2011 the IASO Group proceeded with the following clinical studies:
- “An Observation Study of treatment practices in patients with hormone-refractory prostate cancer in relation to patient's age and general condition".
- “Study and treatment of constipation and nutritional support”
- “Phase I Pilot Study on the administration of telomerase peptides as immunotherapy for patients with chemoresistant tumours”.
- “Clinical trial on first-line treatment in metastatic colorectal cancer treated with oxaliplatin in combination with irinotecan CPT-11) and 5-fluoruracil and leucovorin (De Gramont regimen) and Cetuximab: Phase II pilot study"
- “A Phase II study of Pazopanib in recurrent and refractory microcellular lung cancer”.
- Observation study entitled: “Global epidemiologic and outcome research – Long term experience of abatacept in ordinary clinical practice”.
- Non-interventional observation ACT-ION study under protocol number ΜΑ27950 entitled : “Global comparative observation study on rheumatoid arthritis treated with NTF inhibitor or tocilizumab as first biological treatment".
- “Multicenter observation study on the response to rituximab (Mabthera) of seropositive patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) with poor response or intolerance to treatment with one or more TNF (Tumour Necrosis Factor) inhibitors”.
The IASO group offers scientists and medical personnel the opportunity to remain at the top of medical science by providing comprehensive scientific updates by means of a modern library open daily and via subscriptions to the most valid scientific reviews worldwide. Also, by organizing seminars, day conferences and congresses with the participation of highly regarded Greek (from universities throughout Greece) and foreign experts within the context of its scientific program for continuous education that can be attended by all IASO associated physicians and other on the latest developments in all fields of medicine. A full weekly schedule is issued on an annual basis at the beginning of every academic year and pertains to the IASO group. IASO is member of organizations such as:
- The European Association of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, (ESCMID) (collaboration with the Central IASO Laboratories with the aim of improving and resolving laboratory diagnostic issues, the training of new scientists in other European laboratories, the promotion of the diagnosis of infectious diseases and the participation in multicenter studies at European level).
- The Hellenic Cooperative Oncology Group (HECOG) (participation of the IASO Pathology Laboratory in projects and publications in well-esteemed scientific reviews).